Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I own a 2005 envoy with just a little over 100,000 miles on

Customer Question

I own a 2005 envoy with just a little over 100,000 miles on it , the other day I noticed I could only put like 3 gallons of gas in and nozel kept clicking off no matter what I did , so I thought well its full of gas , since my gas gauge don't work , I was not shur . then I went back to the gas station a second time after putting 200 miles on it tried again same thing any ideas ???
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

When the gas pump tends to click off while trying to fuel the vehicle, this is usually a problem with the EVAP Vent Solenoid. The Vent Solenoid is located under the vehicle, mounted to a bracket on the side of the EVAP Canister which is mounted to the end of the fuel tank. Inspect the lines for any cracks, holes, pinches or disconnections. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the Canister for any signs of damage like cracks or dents. If teh visual inspections checks ok, replace the EVAP Vent Solenoid. Click here for an image view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3v2mbb7byn84zd/evap-vent.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Carl. I noticed this thread was still open so I wanted to do a check-in with you. How did you make out? Did you have any other questions regarding this issue?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

..