Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 1998 GMC Surburban. It acts like it needs more gas.

Customer Question

I have a 1998 GMC Surburban. It acts like it needs more gas. I have replaced the inline filter under the drivers seat on the outside. I have just replaced the fuel pump. I turned on the key and off several times to let it prime. It still will not stay started. It starts and then dies within a few seconds.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know what the fuel pressure is at?

.

Is the security light on or flashing?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the fuel pressure. And I don't think I have a security light flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jerry when I went to a friends house it start acting like it need more fuel and died when we got there but would not start again. I pulled it home and did the above thing. New filter and pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have heard about a relay but I don't know if it has one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

System crash, BRB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see how paying another $18 dollars is going to help. I haven't seen any hope in this conversation. I am not satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I should not have to pay $24 dollars and then another $18.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

So sorry. I had a system problem. I have absolutely nothing to do with any charges on the site. And, lets see, you are not satisfied because you don't know what the fuel pressure is? Not sure if the security light is flashing?

.

There is no possible way for anyone to 'know' what the problem(s) are or is without doing a little testing.

.