Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner/ manager
2947720

2003 GMC 2500 My dashboard has gone out.No

Customer Question

2003 GMC 2500
My dashboard has gone out.No lights,gauges,speedo,nothing but then it comes back on temporarily.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

That is normally inside the instrument panel. There was an extended warranty on them, (only 7 years though) because GM knows that they have problems.

.

Normally we send them out to a certified Delco electronics shop and they charge between $250 and $300 to fix them.

You do want to see if there is power to it though when it is not working.

.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.