Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2005 yukon denali xl
, My engine has under 140k miles

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ... 2005 yukon denali xl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My engine has under 140k miles and it just stopped running... it was start and then it would die. After i got it started i just drove it a block home and it was making a ticking sound. My mechanic told me that the oil pump went out and i need a new engine... $4,500.00 installed. : (
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GMC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: LOL, I knew it....I guess. :)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 12 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name?

Sorry to hear about your engine failure, that’s a big expensive job.
With that, what is your question about this?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Wouldn't of the car notified me if my oil pump was out or something saying check engine or anything? Is this just a fluke or a common problem with less than 140k miles

Its not common, no. In fact these engines normally last VERY well so to even hear about this is odd.
The only indication of oil issues is the pressure gauge and even then, if the pump was coming apart, the debris may have pushed through contaminating the engine but it still had oil pressure.