JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

My 2009 gmc acadia hesitates on lls and certain rpm--#4 is

Customer Question

My 2009 gmc acadia hesitates on hills and certain rpm--#4 is missing--new plug and coil and still doing the same thing. 51000 miles on it. Could coil wires need replaced ? It happens at faster speeds--55-75. Is there a fuel filter for each cylinder?
Category: GMC
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

There is not a fuel filter for each cylinder.

What you are describing is a classic secondary ignition misfire, and I think you're on the right track, but just haven't pinned it down yet.

I am attaching a bulletin for you to review, it talks about the plugs and coils. You should only be using the specified AC Delco plugs and coils, first of all. Secondly, note that the bulletin says that the offending coil/plug may not be the same cylinder that's setting a misfire code. This bulletin will show you what to look for, and will probably fix your issue right up once you've gone through this inspection and replaced what needs to be replaced.