Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Do you know anything about the 2007 Yukon Denali stability

Customer Question

Do you know anything about the 2007 Yukon Denali stability control issue? It kicks in during normal driving and reduces speed to almost nothing. Cant get any answers from anyone. Have dumped tons of $ in it and worried for the safety of my 5 children.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can You tell me your first name please?

I am sorry to hear about this issue, I know its frustrating. Lets see what we an do.

I do deal with this a great deal in the dealership so lets see.

On yours, does it ever set a code even in history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Over the past few years it has set off several codes all of which were fixed or replaced. Most recently all coils were replaced in april of 2015 and now that its cold out again its malfunctioning. It did it 5 times this morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealership doesnt know what to do and said GMC wont help them. They see it all the time but have no answers or solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message + Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK, most recently did they try to scan for history codes? These will not leave the check engine light on but will still be stored in the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that showed was to replace the throttle body and O2 sensor. Which I had already done last year. Nothing else showed up.

IF they cannot provide codes, even history then perhaps we need to get the device that can do this. Its not expensive, and reads everything from 1996 and up. Its called a BLUEDRIVER. It sells for 99$ on amazon and uses your smart phone or tablet.

Did they list code numbers? Because the stability system is tied into the computer, we must have the codes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not spending another dime on this car unless it fixes the problem. I just want to know what others have done to fix the issue. What is most commonly the problem and how did it get resolved? Im telling you the only codes that read two weeks ago were throttle body and O2 sensor. I asked if anything else popped up ad it didnt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt ask for thr specific code #s but i did take it for a 2nd opinion and they said it read the same thing. Everytime this issue starts to happen, mostly when it gets cold, several codes and check engine lights start to malfunction and tell me they need replaced when in fact they just were or dont really need it. Its a money pit.

Understood, but you did not list the code numbers most recently set. There are about 15 for the throttle body and 4-5 for EACH oxygen sensor. I want to help you and the only way I can is to know exactly what code. That is why I suggested that device, its not specific to GM, its EVERY passenger vehicle from 1996 and up, so it willa allow you to get code numbers and its not limited to just this issue. You can use it for future issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ill call the dealership and ask.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called. They didnt document the codes....of course. So Im taking it else where on Friday now but nonetheless they said it was Bank 1 O2 sensor and a throttle body code. The history was erased by a body shop before I got the car per the prwvious owner who I am friends with.

OK, So if we can get those codes, I can help you. I Am sorry this is the case, but with the computerized systems, we need to know what they say. This is why I suggested the code reader. Then you own it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only get a week free tk ask u questions and gave u help me and thats all u have? If youve seen this several times then u should know why its doing it. U said u see it happen a lot in the dealership. U dont know what causes it or how they fix it?

There are MANY codes that can. Sorry for saying this but its unfair of you to assume that I SHOULD KNOW exactly what is causing it. Yes I have ideas, but with your dealer saying they have already done that, we have to look deeper.

Its like calling your doctor and saying "I Hurt or I'm sick" and asking whats wrong without any more info.

I am sorry to be so blunt but that’s where we are at. These are VERY complex vehicles with every aspect controlled by the computer. Without info from that computer, I can only suggest very basic or al encompassing repairs that would be, well quite frankly a guess and would waste your money if they did not work.