Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon SLT. I have noticed after shutdown

Customer Question

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon SLT. I have noticed after shutdown that the information center in between the tach and speedometer (displays mileage, oil life, mpg, etc..) will come back on itself and stay lit up a solid green. No other lights on the display come on, just the info center. If I open the door it will go off, but about a half hour later it comes back on. I have checked all fuses and at this point I just turn down the rheostat that controls the brightness. I know there was a large problem with the soldering on the entire cluster, do you think that needs replaced or something else? Is there a fuse I could pull just for that specific area?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to report there is no fuse for that separately and you are correct on the cluster, they have a high failure rate, I have started using advance auto parts i have found them to be the cheapest for repair you send it off back in couple days and have not had a problem yet.