JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

Have a 1997 6.5L diesel that's in a C3500HD, we removed

Customer Question

Have a 1997 6.5L diesel that's in a C3500HD, we removed the engine about year ago and now we are putting it back in and we have forgot where some items go. Also the tech that took it out is not the tech putting it in. Can you provide any kind of detailed
color pics that show engine or something form Chevy that show where and how stuff goes and routes?
Category: GMC
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

That's a big question. What pieces exactly are you trying to figure out? There are a lot of pieces here, I have to assume that you largely have this handled.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we do engine is back in manifold is back on this is a repo/wrecker unit so has pto pump etc. Looking for a goof "valley" view with filter housing and a good overall top view manifold. Hose routing and electrical would be helpful plus a good 360deg view of a complete engine would be super.
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

To be perfectly honest, the best images I have for you are found on Google. I looked through the factory service manual and the parts catalogs, and I can get any number of exploded views for any part of the engine, but the thing that's going to help you is looking at assembled views.

I Googled "97 6.5L", clicked on images, and found multiple views of OEM engines that will probably tell you much more than I could ever find in a service manual or parts catalog. Your most expedient route would be to simply do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. If I can get you anything more technical than that, please let me know. I'm eager to help, but Google is your best resource right now.