Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Got a 2012 yukon with the exact same radio from a vehicle

Customer Question

got a 2012 yukon with the exact same radio from a vehicle from canada but dealer cant seem toget it unlocked
replaced factory radio cuz customer spilled tea on it and fried screen
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The dealer has to reprogram it with their computer plugged into your vehicle programming the coding into the radio.What will prevent this from being programmed correctly is if the wrong part number radio was installed that isnt fully compatible with your vehicle here or the replacement radio itself is defective as well and would need replaced again.

If you know for sure this is the correct part number radio and all electrical connections are connected properly and if the dealer is correctly trying to program/code it usually this indicates the replacement radio is defective as well needing replaced again.These would be the only things keeping it from programming.

On some models the air bag computer and body control computer needed programmed/coded as well to to correctly set up a new or replacement radio so I would make sure they are checking into this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete