Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I am at my 2nd GMC dealership trying to get my 2007 Sierra

Customer Question

I am at my 2nd GMC dealership trying to get my 2007 Sierra 1500 HD fixed. I was traveling thru the mountains in Pa, when all of a sudden the truck jumped forward setting off the traction control and stablink to service and then engine light. I was also at a service place 1st who said it was camshaft , they replaced it, and then nothing worked. Truck would not even start. They did not work on computers so I had to have my truck towed to a GM dealer in Danville, Pa. They said it was the computer module so they replaced that. It worked for about 45 minutes on the road and it did it again. Luckily I made it to Wilkes Barre Pa where it now sits and I had to rent a car to get to Lawrence, Ma. Spoke with them and they said they reprogrammed the computer and was going to go and drive it and I have not heard a word back. I do not think that is going to fix it. I just had new tires put on and aligned on the truck, I think it has something to do with that and the ABS wheel speed sensor or the sensor under the brake in the dash. I need to get this fixed I have already spent close to 1000.00 on this issue.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has 103,000 miles on it. This is dangerous, I barely made it to a town, on the interstate in Pa. During that horrendous wind and rain, on the side of the road with 100's of semi passing me and what not. maybe going 10 miles an hr trying to get up a mountain. Finally had to stop again and restart and I just floored it and it worked for a bit.
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Help me to understand your problem, you say the truck jumped forward, do you have a different way to describe what is happening? Your truck is equipped with cylinder deactivation, does this still function? Do you know what codes the engine is setting? One place put in a camshaft, did they install new lifters? And then 2 dealers have installed and programmed a PCM. Have they told you what the truck is doing and what is happening with it? It sounds like you are describing a problem that is all to common with the 07 engine, it was the first year for cylinder deactivation, and they are plagued with problems. Mostly internal engine, i.e. Lifters, oil pump and so on. IF you can provide more info I think I can help you