Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

My van has gone into securit lock out i havee discused this

Customer Question

my van has gone into securit lock out i havee discused this with friends ho do i bypass thi system ireall dont need a security system i understsnd it is throug th pioneer sterieo
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. I am sorry to hear about this issue.

SO there is no easy way to fully bypass the security system, there is however a method to bypass the sensor that often fails, and that is the housing of the ignition cylinder. What I do is get a 1/4 watt resistor that is 2200 ohms or 2.2k ohms. Then find the 3 small wires that go to the ignition cylinder sensor. There should be a orange/black, a yellow and a pink or red. Cut the yellow and splice one leg of this resistor the body side of that cut. Then splice the second leg to the orange black wire. Once done, do the security relearn listed below.

Turn the key on and attempt to start the car, It may crank, it may start and stall or it may do nothing at all, this is fine, still cycle the key to start then release the key back to run.
Wait 10 minutes with the key in run. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" or "Security" or have a picture of a car with a lock during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again and release the key back to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again and release the key to run.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

During this process, turn the fans off, radio off and cycle the headlights off so the battery will not go dead. If needed, use a battery charger.