Ron Z.
Ron Z., - GMC Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & GMC Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

I can't find the the place to disconnect the computer from

Customer Question

I can't find the the place to disconnect the computer from the distributor to set the timing correct. I have an early 1988 c1500 truck. there is no discoonnect terminal on the firewall under the relay cover.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Disconnect SET TIMING connector (tan/black wire) located in harness close to distributor, in the rear, passenger's side of the engine compartment. Due to the year, the image isn't the best, ***** ***** can give you what I have. CLICK HERE for image. Best bet is to start at the distributor and work you way down the harness.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bill,

I was just checking in to see how you made out? Did you find the connector? Did you have any other questions regarding the timing on this vehicle? Please let me know if there's anything more I can do for you here. Thanks!