Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

2004 gmc savanna 1500 4.3 voltage to fuel pump low battery

Customer Question

2004 gmc savanna 1500 4.3 voltage to fuel pump low battery lamp lit when ignition turned off motor still has spark no security light and two u codes a 1000 and 1041
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

All engine fault codes start with a P, can you recheck your code and post back with the correct code as well as explain what type of problem you are actually having, you question is not clear to me and if you can explain in detail, I will try and help you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a u1000 and a u1041 code sir .a class two communication fault communication error between modules.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The body control module is not communicating with the pcm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery lamp is lit due to this issue because battery is going flat due to the power is going to ground like a broken wire
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

One very common caused for these codes to set is a bad ground which can also cause the love voltage to the pump. Check G104 and G105 at the Right Front (RF) corner of the engine and frame rail to be sure there clean and tight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already cleaned ground first thing I did it is broken wire because bcm will not communicate and 51 black ground is good to bcm
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Did you also check the engine to frame ground strap?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ground is good. Power shows a serious voltage drop to the pump off the Grey pump wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It acts lIke it is in security but the security lamp light goes out
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The drop may be at the fuse panel, with the key off and the "Battery" light do you have battery voltage on Fuse 22 (IGN E) in the Underhood Electrical Center ?