Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I have 2008 GMC Savana 2500, 97.000 Miles, after driving 26

Customer Question

i have 2008 GMC Savana 2500, 97.000 Miles, after driving 26 miles the Transmission start jerking when shifting but not when i put in drive or reverse.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

does or will the check engine light come on ?

when it starts acting up which gears will it jerk into ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

check ing. light ON

First

never had service

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok usually when the check engine light is on and it is doing this the code set is usually the problem causing the banging into gear as what ever is setting the code is causing the transmission to go into full line pressure by default and causing this issue

depending on what code is set if it is a transmission solenoid code being set this issue usually is a bad solenoid or very dirty transmission fluid sticking valves in the valve body which a good transmission filter and fluid change and cleaning the valve body will do the trick

if this is setting any engine codes depending on what code is set would lead us to the sensor or reading the computer is seeing that is out of spec

but most of these banging issues and check engine light transmission codes set are corrected with a filter and new fluid and cleaning the valve body

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

you can always get me for FREE back through this post anytime with any follow up with this question even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here