Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I had to have my 2005 GMC DENALI XL 1500 towed home tonight.

Customer Question

Hi I had to have my 2005 GMC DENALI XL 1500 towed home tonight. Service Stability Message, Traction, ABS and a smell similiar to a burnt clutch eminating from rear axle area? Any Ideas? Also have a pesky EVAP code P0449 but I do not think this would cause the truck to not want to move forward.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call, email, chat, or text. I work at night so it doesn't matter the hour. Thanks.
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The burning clutch smell is your brake pads. I am thinking one of your rear calipers seized up. I have seen seized calipers cause the abs light to come on. Are you able to raise the rear of the truck and try turning the wheels by hand to see if that's the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'll tell you what I was driving down hill and about to make a turn and I heard a slight growl when I touched the brake pedal, I turned the corner to accelerate and it wouldn't move when pushing accelerator, got it to parking lot drove it around for about 5 minutes then tried to drive up the street to my home and it would not continue moving forward. I also have a power steering issue where it is hard to turn right but I dont think this is the Power Steering. I'm a disabled vet I can't hardly bend down to jack it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The weird part is that I was able to drive it around the parking lot before the tow truck came, when I attempted to make it home it is like something seized up. The warning lights are Traction, ABS and Stability Message.

Ok. was the growl sound the abs activating?

im sorry, i can't take a call at the moment. If you would like to talk on the phone, im sure somebody is available to call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Weird that my code reader cant pick up the code the only one poppin up is P0449
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can reset that one though, this other issue is a safety issue. I also checked for recalls and cant find a way to check for bulletins
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Do you still need help?