roybelding
roybelding, Master Tech/Trainer
Experience:  35 years of retail operations on all vehicles
3506196

I just purchased a 2013 gmc sierra 2500hd. from a used car

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2013 gmc sierra 2500hd.
from a used car dealer. had the truck a few days and the check eng light came on. took it back to the dealer and they took the truck to the gmc dealership.thae ran diagnostics on the truck and said it has a def htr. thats bad,and a nox sensors bad, and a bad ecm. said i come come get it until the parts came in.now when i stop the truck has smoke that comes out of the right front hood area for just a few seconds and then quits. is this issue related or is it something different? i did put some def fluid in the truck before i took it to them. maybe too much.
Category: GMC
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

you did nothing wrong with adding def. it is only the tank. the ecm controls the amount used in a re gen.

the smoking may be a leak of some sort either from oil or coolant. have them check this and be sure it is resolved before accepting the truck back. did you take out an extended warranty??? t is odd that this all happened this soon after buying the truck.

Roy

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out????