Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, 208,000 km's. The

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, 208,000 km's. The truck has run well and have owned since new. My problem is the truck will not start. I was giving the truck its fall cleaning and I left the key on while I worked the windows up and down when cleaning
them. Even though I shut the headlights off the battery ran down. When I tried to start it the starter clicked a little and then nothing. I tried the signal lights and flasher, nothing. I put the charger on for the night and this morning with the battery fully
charged, after disconnecting it for a few minutes, I tried again, nothing. Right now when I turn the key on the instrument cluster comes on, radio works, windows go up and down and the truck go through its normal set up before it starts but the starter doesn't
engage or make a sound. Key fob functions, rear tailgate, interior lights, signal lights, four ways, headlights mirror, and other electronic stuff doesn't work. I've been through the fuses and everything appears okay, battery connects clean and tight so I'm
at a loss. Other electric issues that may be related I've experienced lately. Drivers electric mirror moves by itself when truck off (just 3 times the last week), rear exterior hatch release button stopped working (key fob and interior release worked fine
so didn't worry about it). Drivers seat auto exit feature stopped working (again didn't worry about). I offer these because my research showed phantom issues may be caused by the same thing.I did a quick search and this problem appears hard to diagnose but
some believe it could be a module problem. How do I check these modules, is their a way for me to reset them or identify which one is causing my grief or is the cause of my problem something else entirely?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

In the underhood fuse panel, locate the Starter relay. Have someone else turn the key to Start while you place your hand on this relay. You should feel the relay click each time the key is turned to Start, do you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be right back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't click.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

When the key is turned on, is the Security light on or flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The security light stays on until I turn key then it goes out. When I release the key the security lights stays off.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Are all of the larger fuses in the underhood fuse panel good?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As well as I can tell. Tested the ones I could.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Okay, not something I have a ready answer for. I will opt out so other experts can help you with this. Good luck with the repairs. Dave

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will another expert from Just Answer be joining conversation
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please?

Do you have anything aftermarket installed in the vehicle?