Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

93 gmc jimmy new ecm still flashing code 43 got gas and

Customer Question

93 gmc jimmy new ecm still flashing code 43 got gas and spark why wont it start
Category: GMC
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, could you give me the 8th VIN character?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
w
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** transfer the old PROM over to the new computer? Also have you ran through a check like the one below?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
transferred old prom will do check now
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, I'll be stepping out for about an hour or so but will reply ASAP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new knock sensor still will not start
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to opt out so you can get a second opinion, but in the past I have actually seen the prom itself be bad and cause this, hence my asking. GM issued a TSB about it back during that era.

Someone should be with you shortly to offer a second opinion.

Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

tell me,,will it fire with a prime?with starting fluid or a little fuel into the throttle body?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will fire with starting fluid

ok,,if it is firing with starting fluid,you arent getting fuel into the cylinders,

the first thing you need to do is to check the fuel pressure, these must have no less than 60psi at all times .anything less than 55psi wont go through the poppet injectors.

if the fuel pressure is good,then the problem may be that you have no fuel injector pulse,this can be caused by a bad ignition module or a bad crank sensor

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just got back good fuel pressure changed ign module willnot fire runs good on ether any other ideas

the other thing that may cause this is the pick-up coil in the distributer,

you may just want to replace the distributor with a new rebuilt unit sense it will need to be removed and took apart to replace the pick-up

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new distributor still not starting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody got any answers