SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

2013 Acadia with front end noise at low speeds, slight

Customer Question

2013 Acadia with front end noise at low speeds, slight rattly sound .dealer replaced front struts ,varios bushings,etc but problem still exists; maybe a bit more pronounced. vehichle handles and rides o.k.
Category: GMC
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. Know that I am not in front of your vehicle nor am I able to listen to the noise you are describing.

from the way you are describing the noise, it sounds like the noise is from the sway bar links. Did those not get replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mechanic report says. road test with chassis ears ,noise apears to come from stabilizer bar area, links and bushings appear tight. removed both stabilizerlinks and road test, no noise present. replaced both front stabilizer links and roadtest. noise still there. replaced both front stabilizer bushings and control arm bushings, roadtest and noise still there. replaced both front struts and said noise was gone but in fact it wasn't. I'm not sure if any of this relates to sway bar links.

"removed both stabilizerlinks and road test, no noise present"

that statement says a lot. if the noise was gone after disconnecting the sway bar. It has to be related to the sway bar. Either he didn't replace the correct bushings or used inferior parts. the only other thing it could be is the bar itself. it could have a break in it. doesn't happen very often but I've seen it happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When vehichle was new , 500km, there was loud clunck when turning left or right on corners. at that time they replaced stabilizer shaft link and found rf link to have incorrect torque on sway bar side nut. ( obvious from factory ) no problems in this respect afterwards.
Stu

and the noise now, is it the same noise you had when it was new? has the torque on the crossmember bolts been checked?

Is the noise constant over bumps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not the same noise and they did check torque on crossmember bolts at that time . the original noise was loud and sharp clink, the noise now is very low level and almost non- discernable at times and only at real low speeds like 10 to15 kmph

well I don't have any more ideas, but if the noise went away when the sway bar was disconnected then the problem must lie in the sway bar. the bushings, links or the bar itself.

I would get a second opinion from another shop on the noise.

I can opt out of the question to see if another expert has any other ideas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.K. Sarmien thanks for your help , guess i will have to keep pushing them. It's on warranty and don'y want to delay til it expires. Thank you., Stu

if it's still under warranty then yes please take it back to them and leave it with them if you can. Tell them you want it fixed, it's under warranty and you will not accept the vehicle back until it is repaired.

ask for a loaner car until it is repaired.

your welcome. If you have no more questions and are satisfied with my answers, please hit the accept tab so that I may receive credit for the help I have given you.

Thanks