Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

Wayne I have a 06 dura max with code p0299 code fallow the

Customer Question

Hi Wayne I have a 06 dura max with code p0299 code fallow the flow chart and not finding a answer the truck has no power and blows black smoke real bad it started off with code p003a witch I determine that the vgt was froze up I replaced the turbo and now I can see the vgt move on the scan tool but still no power no boost any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: GMC
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0299 indicates a lack of boost pressure, start first with Inspecting the plumbing after the turbo carefully for any signs of loose clamps or misaligned tubing. If there are no leaks found then run the turbo relearn procedure. I have enclosed it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Turbo%20lean%20Procedure%20Oct%2026.pdf