rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My door handle is stuck on the driver side of my 2012 Denali

Customer Question

My door handle is stuck on the driver side of my 2012 Denali HD truck and I cannot open the door from the inside or outside. How can I take the door panel off to see if I can connect the handle to the cable, I'm assuming there is something there for me to connect to?
Category: GMC
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You should still be able to at least take the top part of the door panel off and lightly pull it back to open the door, then you cam remove the complete panel.

Thanks, Ron