Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 06 throwing the p0087 code. Did the shim kit and

Customer Question

Hey I have a 06 throwing the p0087 code.
Did the shim kit and now it throws code without towing.
When u hammer on it goes to limp mode
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

1. Remove the return hose from the Fuel Pressure Relief (FPR) valve on the rear of the left side fuel rail.
  2. Block or plug the hose. Install a piece of hose on the port at the fuel rail. Route the hose into a can or jar or bottle.
  3. Start the engine. Using the scan tool command the fuel rail pressure up and down repeatedly.
  4. There should be no fuel in your can, if so replace the FPR valve.
  5. If there is no fuel, test drive it this way and recheck the can, if so replace the FPR valve.
  6. If the pressure valve is not leaking, monitor the balance rates using the scan tool for all 8 cylinders. Expect injector values to range +/- 2. If any injector values are double than all others, replace the suspect injector.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris