Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I have a 2015 terrain 3.6 engine my problem is on

Customer Question

I have a 2015 terrain 3.6 engine my problem is on exceleration only, the steering wheel moves from the 12 oclock position to the 1 oclock position causing the vehicle to go to the right all other driving the vehicle tracks perfectly GMC dealer has aligned the vehicle 3 times has replaced the control arms, engine cratle and right strut with no results they claim alignment is perfect
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I am Cam. Can I get your first name? Does it seem to do this more under are harder acceleration than a light one?

What it sounds like you are talking about is called torque steer. Can your read this description and let me know if it is or not?

A vehicle pulls or leads in one direction during hard acceleration. A vehicle pulls or leads in the other direction during deceleration.

The following factors may cause torque steer to be more apparent on a particular vehicle:

A slightly smaller diameter tire on the right front increases a right torque lead. Inspect the front tires for differences in the brand, the construction, or the size. If the tires appear to be similar, change the front tires from side-to-side and retest the vehicle. Tire and wheel assemblies have the most significant effect on torque steer correction.

A large difference in the right and left front tire pressure

Left-to-right differences in the front view axle angle may cause significant steering pull in a vehicle. The pull will be to the side with the most downward sloping axle from the differential to the wheels. Axles typically slope downward from the differential. The slope of the transaxle pan to level ground may be used as an indication of bias axle angles. The side with the higher transaxle pan (shown on the left side of the illustration) has the most downward sloping axle angle.