Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Russ I have a 2004 Envoy XUV and it also wont start. I have

Customer Question

Customer: Russ I have a 2004 Envoy XUV and it also wont start. I have installed a new battery and a new ignition switch and I turn the key and nothing happens and all the lights come on etc.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Turn the key and nothing happens
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

With the key in the run position is the theft system showing activated?

Did you program the keys to the vehicle after the repairs?

If you remove the starter relay, hold the key in the start position, are there 2 pins with battery power?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I hate that you spent money to get your question answered, though left not pleased with my help. I am still here available to help. We can start over from the beginning or where we left off.

Thanks Chris