Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2007 gmc acadia. My wife parked it in the garage

Customer Question

I have a 2007 gmc acadia. My wife parked it in the garage with key on but not running. cleaning it out and vacuuming. The battery died. I went through several things using the old battery but now it's got a new one in it. That being said with the new battery the key will not turn all the way back to lock to remove the key. And it also won't crank
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

There is a really good chance that the vehicle's Body Control Module was damaged.

The BCM will be damaged on this vehicle if it has power but no ground even momentarily (when the battery died, or when it was replaced).

Do you have a scan tool and multi-meter to be able to check communication with the BCM and grounds to the BCM?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Here is the location of the BCM to give you an idea of where you will be testing.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. Also, I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of any assistance. Thanks!