Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  have owned a repair shop for 25 years
14541291

1995 GMC Sonoma with 4.3 TBI, 2-wheel drive, automatic. I

Customer Question

1995 GMC Sonoma with 4.3 TBI, 2-wheel drive, automatic. I have no power, it goes about 20 MPH tops. Had a code of 32 which indicated a faulty EGR Valve. Bought and put on a new EGR Valve and took it out for a drive. Couldn't get more than 20 MPH yet. Stepping on the gas pedal makes it bog out and die. I was 10 miles from home, it finally got down to 2 MPH and died totally. Letting it rest a while and you can start it again but no power. Need help! Maybe plugged catalytic converter or fuel pump? Please give some advise.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

you need to check the fuel pressure..it sounds as if the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump may be weak and needs replaced

if it is a tbi engine,,the pressure must be no less than 9psi at all times

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg8vb8cnd1bq85f/1002-gmc-Chart%20A.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/jg8vb8cnd1bq85f/1002-gmc-Chart%20A.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help