Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 Years Diagnostic and repair,Electrical specialist
13677702

I have a 1986 GMC 2500 pickup and the front brakes are

Customer Question

I have a 1986 GMC 2500 pickup and the front brakes are giving me problems I have replace master cylinder and drivers side caliper and bleed several time s but it still pulls to the left and than to the right every time I put the brakes on and can't fique out what to do or check for to eliminate this problem .. what else should I do or look for to rectify this problem????? at a loss right now.
Garrett
Category: GMC
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hello, a couple things come to mind, One would be the 2 front caliper hoses, the rubber ones OR a problem in the front end like worn tie rod ends, Due to age etc? I am leaning to a bad brake hose, They can collapse internally, acting like a one way check valve persay, hard to explain,You have th symptoms for bad brake hose or hoses, Again, front end must be tight, so with front end off the ground, steering locked, need to grb tires and wiggel side to side to be sure no play, basically even a worn front end can cause this but I still lean to brake hoses, now,, this is providing you have bled no air, no leaks etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I also fi1qured it to be as I have the same problem with an other newer truck with front drivers side locking up and taking a long time to realise thanks again garrett
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

no being there, going off symptoms? you have bad hose or hoses, No way for me to be 100% but as long as things done as mentioned, all ruled out? then brake hoses and they can be a common fail item