JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

2004 GMC Yukon xl interior dome lights won't turn off and

Customer Question

2004 GMC Yukon xl interior dome lights won't turn off and stay on
Category: GMC
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

Does the DIC still say that you have a door ajar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

OK. A good scan tool will indicate why the courtesy lamps are on, by querying the body controller. This is where I'd be if your truck were in my shop, since this information is so easy to access (as long as you have the right tool), I'd definitely be looking there for information.

One of the doors or the rear gate is indicating open, or the dome lamp switch is on, or there is something wrong with one of those circuits giving a false indication. Narrow it down to the offending circuit, then see what can be done to manipulate this circuit and see if the BCM responds.

I understand that you probably don't have a scan tool capable of doing this. If not, this is the point at which I would advise you to get this professionally diagnosed. If you can't "see" what the BCM "sees" this is a pretty tough diagnosis, short of a lucky guess.