Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I changed my rear tailgate window regulator on my 2004 envoy

Customer Question

hello I changed my rear tailgate window regulator on my 2004 envoy XUV and now the window will not go up. The motor will run to bring the window down but it will not take the window up. I also have the (see manual "tailgate") service on. The motor was
working just fine yesterday.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, while operating the switch in up position, check for 12v on the tan wire at pin 3 at the motor. If present, replace motor. If not present, check for 12v on same tan wire at the endgate control module also at pin 3. If 12v present, repair tan wire or run a new one. If not present, replace the endgate control module - see attached wiring diagram

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no real problem. After we replaced the regulator we tested the window before replacing all of the panels. But we was testing the window with the door open. The window will not go up with the tailgate door open. I did not think about that. One reason is we did not want to close the door because we had to open it manually, which was a pain. After that we was able to also reset the tailgate message on the dash.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

ok, glad you got it