Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, GMC, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics
1609972

The navigation display on my 2008 yukon slt intermittently

Customer Question

The navigation display on my 2008 yukon slt intermittently goes blank. When it's blank I cannot mute the radio with the button on my steering wheel. Help
Category: GMC
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

There is a TECH Bulletin for this issue & Dealer "may" Repair for free
This condition may be caused by the remote enable signal wire being shorted to ground.

This remote enable signal comes from the radio and feeds the Amplifier the antenna module (utilities only), and the rear video display (with RPO U42).
When the remote enable signal wire is first shorted to ground, the navigation screen or radio display may start to flash. If the wire remains shorted for more than 2 minutes, the navigation or radio display goes blank.
apprx 1 hour labor

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Hello again Lurch here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should know if the fix worked later today. at that point I'll know if I need more help.

thank you............

let me know if you need further...........

Hello again Lurch here.

If I have helped, please RATE my answer

.
.