Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years in the Automotive repair business.
7276279

I have a gmc suburban 4x4 7.4 l gasoline 1997 I am

Customer Question

I have a gmc suburban 4x4 7.4 l gasoline 1997 I am installing a engiene diesel 6.2 Detroit and the transmission is not working very good don't go more than 40 mail
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you speak Spanish
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forget to write before I removed the engine vortex 2500 k 7.4 1997 4x4 was working very good the transmission automatic and the engine I installed is 6.2 diesel Detroit came aut for chevrolet c30 1984 4x4 like iam seeing is the trnsmicion don't go more than 40 miles my mechanic seized is because the trnsmicion gasoline is too faster than engine diesel that ways can't doing the shift good and just song like in neutral after 40 miles tk for a good answer I hope resolved my problem
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for this swap to even work you are going to need to change the complete engine and transmission harness as well as the computer that goes with the engine. If that has not been done its not going to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine 1984 diesel they Don t have or need computers so you're as wear is no t professional maybe you just a scams is too much- money for you make for writing Sam ting very simple