Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

I have a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali. All of the gauges (except

Customer Question

I have a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali. All of the gauges (except the tach and speedo) will occasionally quit and the traction controll and wheel sensors will shut off. Then they will start back up no problem. Truck runs fine when this happens. Also the driver door is dead like no power is going to it. Occasionally it rolls the driver window down by itself at night.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better with this.

Has anything after market been wired into the vehicle at all?

Does your vehicle have memory settings on the door for seat operation?

Have you had the fault codes checked in any or all of the computers in your vehicle at all with a scan tool that will communicate with all computers?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete.
1. No aftermarket parts are wired in. The vehicle is stock.
2. It does have the memory setting for the door and seat operation.
3. I haven't had codes checked yet.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

The first thing that should be done here is to have the fault codes read out of all computers especially the instrument cluster to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and correct the faults here and makes this easier to diagnose and repair.

What I can say here is most common with what you have going on are two different faults,one being an internal electrical fault with the instrument cluster circuit board itself as these are known to act up and either need removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.The other is the drivers door control module itself fails and causes no function controls or intermittent function controls at the drivers door needing replaced.This module on this model should be part of the switch assembly itself.This module can also power the window on its own causing it to roll down like this intermittently.I suspect both the drivers door control module and instrument cluster are at fault here needing replaced and is fairly common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the door control module need to be programed after being put in? Or is it just replace and go?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The door control module does have to be programmed unfortunately and this has to be done by either a GM dealer or an authorized repair center that has access to GM programming.In some cases I have heard that some parts stores might be able to order one in for you pre programmed to your vehicle but I haven't checked into this myself.A dealer will charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours charge to program it.

Thanks Pete