Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a problem with the temperature/directional display on

Customer Question

I have a problem with the temperature/directional display on my rear view mirror, when I use my windshield wipers in the rain. Now that it is dry and no rain, there is no problem, they work fine. Right now, I can't afford the $26. I am on a limited income nd don't get paid until 10/1. Any ideas?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
There is an electrical harness that goes into the back of the rearview mirror. It is possible that the placard had pulled it loose some, so remove the placard and check that the harness connector is pushed into the back of the rearview mirror snugly.
If it, then there is an internal fault in the mirror and would need to be replaced
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks