ls2gto2
ls2gto2, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  gm certified technician,ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist
61695331

My name is brent i have a 2008 gmc 2500 duramax with

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** have a 2008 gmc 2500 duramax with recurring codes #p2463 high soot acumilation but the pressure difference is only .03 .also have codes p244b and p0299.00 thinking ecm needs to be flashed. i also have a current dpf reading of 86 grams of soot but removed pressure tube and can easily plug it off with my finger.thanks
Category: GMC
Expert:  ls2gto2 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brent,

I am a GM factory trained technician and have been trained on duramax. I will be happy to assist you with your concern, sorry to hear about the repeat codes diagnosing the dpf system can be very difficult.

You are correct the first step is to reprogram the ecm, there is several updates for the module that helps form the dpf getting plugged again.

86grams of soot mass is way to high. You will need to start with a reprogram and using the scan tool to force the vehicle into a regeneration. After the regeneration the soot mass should be close to 0.

Ensure there is no codes stored for the brake pedal sensor, failing sensors will cause the regeneration system not to run. For the P0299 code clean the mass air flow sensor, check for any charge air leaks and road test the vehicle.

Thanks

William