JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

I have 97 gmc 2500 pickup with no clutch pressure

Customer Question

i have 97 gmc 2500 pickup with no clutch pressure
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

with the clutch cap off and the rubber seal out and the small master filled with fluid it still will not bleed out a good stream of fluid out of the slave bleeder when bleeding ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you mean the rubber seal on cap if so no only a small amount at first then lost what little clutch pressure there was
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

ok i just wanted to be sure the rubber part was not blocking any fluid i have had them fall inside the master and did not see it and filled it with fluid and the fluid could not get through becuase it was blocking the fluid hold

if that is not the case and you can not get fluid out when bleeding or much at all the clutch master cylinder is not making pressure

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does this mean
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you are not getting hydrolic fluid pressure to the slave or out of the slave the clutch master cylinder is bad

and the clutch master cylinder will need to be changed

if you had good fluid pressure out of the slave and no or very little slave rod movement then the slave cylinder would be bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this didn't help
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

lets see if another expert can help

hang on another expert will reply back to you

Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.

You replaced the clutch master and you still don't have any pressure at the slave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to use pressure bleed to correct the problem. None of the answer on just answer helped. Thanks though I would like a refund.