Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

2004 6.0 engine shut down while driving / made a pressure

Customer Question

2004 6.0 engine shut down while driving / made a pressure release sound before shut down
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there was a pressure release sound this may be an issue with a vapor lock fault in the fuel tank due to a faulty EVAP emissions component possibly a vent valve restriction or evap canister restriction/fault.

If this has not been checked/tested this should be done and if a fault is found with any of the evap components the affected component needs replaced.

If this is checked and found o.k. let me know what fuel pressure the fuel pump is creating with the key on and engine off and we can continue from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.