sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I just replaced the Mode Door Actuator on a 2012 Terrain. It

Customer Question

I just replaced the Mode Door Actuator on a 2012 Terrain. It now shifts air from the floor (previously the only location) to the defroster, but it still does not move air flow to the AC vents. Is there a different action that needs to be done to make this fully functional?
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be with the control head, the door itself or linkage but it may just be a calibration issue. Was a calibration performed after the actuator was installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the calibration procedure (Pull both HVAC system fuses, wait 2 minutes, reinstall and start vehicle) but this had no impact. The air flow will now move from the floor vents to the defrost vent, but it still will not come out of the dash vents.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a better calibration procedure?

The preferred way is with a scan tool but removing the fuses should also work. Did the doors sweep after reinstalling the fuses, turning the key and the system on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to try that when I get back from business trip

Ok.