Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The tilt wheel lever will not release the steering column on

Customer Question

The tilt wheel lever will not release the steering column on my 2007 GMC Denali allowing
adjustment up or down (Locked in one position) I don't know what the mechanism looks like but found no broken pieces in the auto. I don't know how to get the plastic covers off the steering column to inspect. Have you encountered this. Can you tell me might free up what seems to be frozen ?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to remove the plastic covers on the steering column to inspect the mechanism. An exploded view or pic would help; I looked on YouTube for a video and had no luck.......Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update......I did manage to remove the plastic covers on steering wheel and exposed the tilt mechanism; once pushed, an arm goes from left to right (sitting in auto) and depresses a button but nothing releases the steering wheel. It all appears to be mechanically intact...........is there an electrical component to the release; is it on a fuse that I might check ?
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After a number of hours on the computer I finally got an answer/solution to my problem and I have made the repair myself. The answer was found in an owners manual for a much newer Denali and I will not need your help. Thanks anyhow......How do I go about getting a refund credited back to my Visa card and a receipt ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a solution and fixed the problem. I'm guessing, it being a Holiday weekend, that was the reason for the delay in your response. Because of that I am not going to do a rating but would appreciate a quick refund of the fee I paid......

Glad its resolved.