Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I came across a thread where you helped someone with a

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I came across a thread where you helped someone with a problem that I have with my GMC Envoy XLT. my tailgate window is down and when I try to put it up there is a wiper obstruction error. The man you helped was able to bypass the error by engaging the window motor manually and resetting the wiper motor to get rid of the error. Would you be able to give me instructions on how to do this? -Anthony
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

To manually raise the window, we would need to remove the rear gate trim and unplug the motor, then remotely power and ground the motor from a battery. If I can get your year model I can post some diagrams to help?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 GMC Envoy XLT

Use the diagrams below. Tell me if your model has the motor design that you can not get to the 2 motor wires by themselves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, I'm sorry but I gave you the wrong model. My vehicle is 2004 GMC Envoy XUV. It has a tailgate that is more like a pickup truck.

Use the 2 links below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is very helpful Chris. Thank you.It looks like I need to power the glass motor by powering it via the tan wire and grounding it with the black wire. I'm not familiar with sending power with external battery. Can you guide me on how to do this? I'd appreciate whatever help you can offer.Anthony

Power the orange wire

Ground the black wire pin 8

Power the tan, and ground the gray wire to move it up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I haven't had the nerve to work on this project for a few weeks but today I got into the tailgate as far as I could get. I see what I think is the motor but the wiring harness does not seem very accessible. The harness is between the glass and the plate that it's attached to and the harness plug for the window motor is on the bottom of the motor. Even if I got it unplugged I don't know how I'd get external power to the motor with the way the motor is attached. I tried to attach a photo but does not seem to work. Any advice? Thanks
Anthony

I am not going to be able to keep up with the flow of the post with 3 week delays, I help to many customers and need things to stay fresh on my mind to perform my best. I will opt out and see if another can try.