Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

My wife backed over something in the driveway in our 2009

Customer Question

My wife backed over something in the driveway in our 2009 Acadia. It caused a good jar to the car. Site drove it about a half mile down the road and it died. Now it won't start at all.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

The engine control module controls the ground and power signals to the fuel pump itself.If you have no voltage on the yellow wire the engine control module either has disabled the pump from coming on due to a fault that has been detected or due to a problem in the engine control module itself.Try cranking over the engine testing this yellow wire for any voltage.If no voltage is present the next step is to have all fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.

If you can get the codes read out and post them here this will help in diagnosing this issue as there are several codes that may or can disable the fuel operation.

I would also trace the pump wiring and see if you locate any fuel pump wiring damage needing repaired that may have been damaged when the vehicle had backed over something.

Having the fault codes will help quite a bit here so we can see why there is no signal to the fuel pump.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are four wires going to the fuel pump/level sender assembly. None of them are yellow. The 2 on the right that go to the fuel level sender show 4.7 volts with key on. The 2 on the left side that go to the pump show 0 volts when initially turning on the key or any other time as well.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you verify this is a 2009 Acadia just so I can double check to make sure I am looking up the correct info on this here?

Thanks Pete