Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

I have an 04 GMC 2500 GMC Diesel and I just installed a used

Customer Question

Hey Tim, I have an 04 GMC 2500 GMC Diesel and I just installed a used steering column with a good clock spring in it! lol now my problem is that the truck will not start because of the passlock system... Do you have the proceedure to reset it?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

here is the rest procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale; after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ; the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.