Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

Engine light on. Van coming to a stop engine stalls. But

Customer Question

Engine light on. Van coming to a stop engine stalls. But starts again 05 savanna with 6.0 engine 2500 . Problem will go away for a while than start again
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

The first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that can communicate with the engine computer.The code(s) set will help diagnosed and locate the fault here.I have seen issues with the crank sensor that can cause this type of fault as well as the throttle body.In some cases just cleaning the carbon from the throttle body bore in front of the throttle plate can correct a stall out like this here.This will block air flow from entering when the throttle is released and can cause a quick stall out.

If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help.Usually places like Auto Zone will read out fault codes free of charge.

Thanks Pete