Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

2009 GMC Acadia. Periodically blows the PCM IGN fuse while

Customer Question

2009 GMC Acadia. Periodically blows the PCM IGN fuse while driving. After replacing the fuse it starts and runs normally for a few days then blows again. I've replaced 7 fuses so far. Does not seem to be related to any particular driving conditions such as rough roads, acceleration, braking, or weather. Dealer cannot figure it out since it is fine until it isn't.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John ,That fuse feeds three things, the pcm, the mass air flow sensor in the air filter duct, and the fuel pump flow control module. My thoughts are that you have a short in the wire that happens every once in a while and pops the fuse. I would start with the exposed wiring at the mass air flow sensor. It's the pink wire. Then if you see nothing, have a look as the wiring harness goes around the engine. I know it's not the best for visibility but see what you can find. Then next we need to check that pink wire that runs to the fuel pump control module under the back drivers side of the vehicle. And chaffed wiring, corrosion on the terminals and that sort of thing will cause this. If you can't find anything, then see if a 15 amp fuse lasts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm on it. Thanks!

Let me know what you find.