Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, GMC, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics
1609972

Have a 2001 Yukon with factory remote start, recently

Customer Question

hi, have a 2001 Yukon with factory remote start, recently started having problem with the remote start, hit lock button twice to start, engine cranks, runs for 1/2 second then dies, after 10 seconds it retries to start with same results. If I unlock door and try with key still will not start until I hit brake pedal and disengage remote start then I can start engine successfully, manually with key. Wife's pissed, cannot pre-cool off truck in this heat. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Are you certain of the year? I ask because factory remote starters were not installed till 2007.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats funny, because when I bought this yukon 7 months ago, only had 1 remote which failed, went to local GM dealer to get new remotes, when he informed me i had to get all numbers off of keyless remote reciever, located under dash, behind instrument cluster, which I removed and took pictures of and returned to GM and he was able to order me new remotes. I have included the photos to show you so you can see for yourself. With that out of the way, is there any help you can give me or did I just pay $26 for your respone? Thank you.
I am not sure what that is. It looks like a GM part number. I am truly baffled as to what it is then. I will open this up to allow other experts to review it. They will get back to you.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

That is NOT a GM Remote Start.......
I can see the "add on Remote Start" below the Steering Column, wire tied to the dash
Also the Aftermarket wireing to the left......RED = Battery......VIOLET = Starter........PINK = Ignition, etc
If you would like more info, please be up front & I will not respond to anyone being rude......
Let me know if we can proceed
thanks

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works is, "I supply the Answer....You Rate my Answer"
.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.