Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have a 1989 GMC 2500 pick-up (2 WD) My heater module quit

Customer Question

I have a 1989 GMC 2500 pick-up (2 WD) My heater module quit working. It is not the standard one listed in my GM shop manual. It looks just like the one shown for the 1991-1994 models. The fuse is fine but nothing works. I bought a brand new one and installed it, but it doesn't work either. What can I do?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the power coming in on the power harness plug where it goes into the back of the a/c heater module and found 4 terminals that are hot and 3 that are grounded, so it looks like it is getting power. I tried jumping across the connectors in hope of getting something to run, but still nothing. I have no heat, A/C or vents, no fan, and nothing showing on the display when I plug the harness in.
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

Do you still need assistance with this? What has quit working?