edhunt0r
edhunt0r, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM B Tech ASE Certified Master Tech ASE Certified Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician New Jersey
15093763

I just replaced the fuel pump in my 2009 traverse. My

Customer Question

Jerry, I just replaced the fuel pump in my 2009 traverse. My mechanic diagnosed this as the problem. My wife had the car loose all power on her on the way home and it would barely turn over. After I replaced the fuel pump I tried to start it an the battery acted like it was dead (barely turn over). I checked the voltage at the battery and it was just over 12v. The car was recently rear ended and repaired by this is the first issue I have had with the car.
Category: GMC
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.

I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Check what voltage you have at the front fuse box main battery wire on the passenger side of engine compartment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 12volts there as well
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 1 year ago.

Where did you hook to ground when testing for voltage at fuse box?

Expert:  edhunt0r replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it sent to the dealer and it turned out the fuel control module was bad. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 1 year ago.

Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.