K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive technology. 15+ years in the automotive field
68360881

Have front end squeaking that is just about intolerable now

Customer Question

Have front end squeaking that is just about intolerable now in my 2002 gmc sierra. Replaced ball joints a couple of years ago. Have greased all points every month. Squeaking has been going on 'n' off for about 9 months and as I stated is beyond belief now. Help please
Category: GMC
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

If everything is greased and the upper and lower control arm bushings look good the next step, which I have seen many, many times and GM issued a service bulletin for is the shock absorber insulator. I'll post the TSB and procedure below. The insulator can be found at the link below

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/Hummer/INSULATOR-Shock-Absorber-Frame/2790604/15834275.html