Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Was driving at slow speeds on ghway in 2004 Envoy Xl traffic

Customer Question

Was driving at slow speeds on Highway in 2004 Envoy Xl traffic began to speed up barely pushed accelerator and it died. Coasted to side of freeway it initially tried to crank but wouldn't start. Had to be towed off freeway. There was a 30amp fuse that blew. Just changed to irridum spark plugs, changed the valve cover gasket and o rings, changed air filter, changed oil, serpentine belt, and completely cleaned the throttle body to squeaky clean. Also Replaced relay for fuel pump, fuel filter, 125 amp flat fuse for fuse box and the battery cable bolts. Car still won't start. It was cranking but not catching. Now when I try to start it, will not release my key from ignition. I just got rid of my fine greman engineered overpriced lawn ornament for an even bigger driveway ornament. Envoy has been parked for over a month now. I have to get this figured out soon because my parents want their vehicle back. I don't have money to replace the car or take to the dealer since I just returned to work from being on Disability for almost a year.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is somewhat urgent since it is my only vehicle and my loaner pumpkin is expiring. I changed out the ignition switch yesterday. Still not working.i have been searching high and low for a possible cause but so far managed only to find the questions and no answers. Any help will be greatly apreciated....

Which 30 amp fuse was blown. Can you, have you, or do you know how to check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse? Is the theft light on or flashing with the key in the run position?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris