Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Speed sensor not working and makes the truck jump out of gear

Customer Question

Speed sensor not working and makes the truck jump out of gear while driving.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
What series is your truck 1500-2500-3500?Which engine?Auto or manual transmission?4x4?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1500, automatic, 4x4 & 5.3 engine and the abs light comes on prior to jumping out of gear while driving.
Follow the wire harness from the speed sensor on the back of the transfer case up to the next connect #350. Often we find loose wires there or pins corroded or backed out. If that is fine then can you OHM test the VSS wires to the computer while wiggling the harness to see if you get an open circuit? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have already tried that and it isn't the loose wires or pins.
Since its not the wiring nor the sensor from your testing that means its the computer that is bad and to blame.