Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

GMC Savana 1500: I have a 2004 GMC savana conversion van .climbing

Customer Question

I have a 2004 GMC savana conversion van .climbing mtns.in hot weather it will loose power and after 15-20 min.it will start and run again and may or may not keep going.it is like vapor locks.on flat land I have no problems.any ideas
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.Have you tried cleaning the Mass Air Flow Sensor? Do you have access to a scanner? Are there any codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been having this problem for years .have replaced filters.no codes that I know of.
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.
Did you try cleaning the mass air flow sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not sure what that is? Can you explain?
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.
Here is a pretty good explanation of the part. It is located by the air filter in the tube going to the engine.Clean it first, here is a guide to assist in diagnosing it if you decidehttp://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.8L-5.3L-6.0L/diagnosing-the-maf-sensor-1 You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.